Thursday, February 7, 2013

Starry Night

Happy Weekend to you all! No? Just me, the college student with the sweet schedule? Well, sorry, the weekend will come soon enough for the rest of you!! So yesterday on my day off (I promise, I do take 4 classes!) I spent most of the time gluing on small tumbled sea glass pieces to a 9" by 12" canvas.  I was a long process gluing piece by piece, and making sure everything was exactly where I wanted it, but finally I finished and can show you!
As most of you can guess, this is my own little version of 'Starry Night'.  What do you think?? And I promise it looks better in person when you can really see the textures!  I want to put this up on etsy.com soon, but I'm thinking about covering it in a resin first (which would create a clear, glossy finish to the piece). I'll let you know what I end up doing!


"We spend our whole lives in unconscious exercise of the art of expressing our thoughts with the help of words." -Vincent Van Gogh

(for more Van Gogh quotes, you can check out http://www.vangoghgallery.com/misc/quotes.html)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is awesome, Savannah! This was one of the first prints (as opposed to posters, etc) I bought for my room when I was in high school. This would have been way cooler to have. I expected you'd have something spiffy to show off, but you actually exceeded my expectations ;)
    (Melody)

    ReplyDelete