Sunday, February 10, 2013

New Backpack

Guess what everyone!! I finished that backpack I was working on :) Turns out, I didn't have too much to worry about when using the dorm washing machines!

I put it in for two cycles, (but I might want to put it in one more time after I've fixed up a few things).  For one thing, the straps are way too long (as I expected they would be) because I knew it would be way easier to sew them to make them smaller than try to make them bigger!! I also want to sew on a magnetic snap and some buttons at some point.  There were a few places around the bottom of the bag that I wish had sealed up better while felting, but I don't see any reason this won't work as a backpack for me as long as I don't start carrying a hundred pounds of books... I'm very excited to finish it up and wear it to classes for the first time tomorrow, and this gives me hope about felting here in the future! (Though the paying for laundry thing still sucks).

Well, unfortunately I have a ton of reading and studying to do tonight. Despite the storm here in New England keeping me pretty much held up in my dorm, it didn't inspire me to do my homework any earlier. Instead, I did crafts until I ran out of materials, then watched movies! At least Billy Joel tells me that I don't think too much;)

"Should I try to be a straight 'A' student? If you are then you think too much." - It's Still Rock and Roll to Me



3 comments:

  1. That backpack looks so good! Who took the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks great. You are so talented! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out great! Glad the dorm washing machines worked, even if you did have to invest some money :)
    (Melody)

    ReplyDelete