Saturday, March 23, 2013

'Claire Bears'

Hey guys!

So this post is a little different from normal, and I want to talk about a fundraiser that's coming up at the end of April to raise money for a little girl (named Claire) with cerebral palsy. I will have a craft booth at the fundraising carnival on April 28th, where I will be selling lots of handmade and unique items, including some 'Claire Bears' - I credit my mother with the clever name. This bear below is the first one I've made (hopefully of many!)

Each bear will be unique, slightly different in size and shape, and available in many different colors since I am creating my own patterns as I go!  Each bear will be approximately 7 inches tall when sitting down and have eyes sewn with yarn so there will be no choking hazards for young children if it becomes a play toy! I'm selling the 'Claire Bears' for $15 each, and $5 of that will go straight to Claire's Cause. Claire's parents are fundraising for important items, such as handicap renovations to their house, a handicap van, and a litegait to help her practice walking. Here is a link to the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Claires-Cause/424910807597540

Purchasing a bear means supporting small businesses (aka, a poor college student) and helping a child get support she needs! It could make a great gift, toy, or decoration for a desk or bookshelf.  If you would like to purchase one or have any questions about it, you can message me on Facebook, or email me at savvystitchesnewengland@gmail.com  Not all colors will be available, because I am trying to work from the large amount of yarn I already own in order to save time and money! I am taking orders until the end of April, and will be happy to send the bear anywhere with a small shipping charge.  The bears may take up to a few weeks to ship, depending on how many orders I receive! If you are able to make it to the fundraising event on April 28th, the Happy Spring Carnival, then I can have  your bear set aside for you to pick up there.

I will continue to make 'Claire Bears' and post pictures to Facebook, and possibly here, so if you like one of the ones you see, you can just let me know.

Also, if you choose not to buy a bear, but would still like to make a donation, you can contact me and I will make sure your donation makes it to the right place!!!

Please don't feel like you have to buy anything or make donations, I just wanted to show you what I've been working on lately, and the fundraiser that I'm currently involved in!!  I'll be back with some other crafty blogs soon, including a new sea glass lamp if I can get working on it soon!



1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice idea, Savannah. I'm sure it will be a big help to Claire's family.
    (Melody)

    ReplyDelete